Friday, July 25, 2008

Book Review: Collage Unleashed

Collage Unleashed Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista

My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I was disappointed in this book. It was confusing to follow. It didn't have clear steps for techniques. One page even said to see something below -- and it wasn't there. It did end up being many many pages further into the book. I love the look of the fonts, wild and distressed looked. I mean that is the art I do so I love that style but for a how-to/inspirational book it was almost overwhelming to try to figure out where to start. Your eyes didn't go down the page like you normally do in a book. It just went from here to there. So I kept missing things. I would have to go over the page several times to make sure I got it all.

Good things about this book -- I love learning about making art books and book binding techniques. Although it doesn't spell it out step by step. It gave me enough information that I think I can figure it out. And the bindings were fun and beautiful so I can't wait to use them.

And the other thing it does it remind you to PLAY. Really I think that is the message of Traci Bautista is to just let yourself play.

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin