Monday, February 05, 2007

Book Review....

I got a gift certificate for my birthday to Amazon and ended up buying a few art books. One was Claudien Hellmuth's Collage Discovery. Really most of the time I am not impressed by how-to-books in the collage or altered art sphere because they all seem to be a show case for art instead of really a how-to book. I like artist show case books too because not only are they usually incredible just to browse through with a cup of tea but they also are usually very inspiring. So when I see a book that says it is a technique book - I usually I am a little sceptical. But Collage Discovery is really a how-to book! This is hands down the one of best book I have seen on this subject. I probably own about 4/5 collage artist type books. Collage Discovery has good techniques, good instructions, good photographs to go along with the instruction and is just in general offers clear, helpful, practical advice for collage artists.

If you don't believe yourself to be an artist or creative, but would like to create I really urge you to pick up this book as I feel you would find practical, easy, straight-forward ideas to spark ideas in creating.

Things I have always wanted to learn how to do or had problems with when following other instructions, she explains in just a way that I got and now am able to do because of her clear instructions and techniques. Things I have dreamed about or seen in my head can now reach the canvas and paper because I have valuable insight on how to make it happen. This book has helped me as an artist and it has been exciting to see the transformation to my art as well as my process in creating.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin