Thursday, April 21, 2005

2 ATC's - 2 Techniques

Allergy Season


I painted the base of this atc that is made out of heavy cardboard and then glued pieces from Junk Mail on it. At the time I was suffering from allergies bad so hence the subject matter.

After everything was glued on it, I used sandpaper over it all...the images, the base and the edges. I just wanted a scratchy appearance since I always feel itchy during allergies. But really this is a great technique to use when you want an aged look. And that is what I use it for the most.

Supplies used: Cardboard, acrylic paint, ephemera from junk mail, gel medium (for glue) and sandpaper


Life in a Jar


In the last blog entry I talked about using salt with watercolors this base I used alcohol with watercolors. It makes a very bubbly like appearance.

Supplies used: watercolor base using alcohol, silver pen (for edge of card), ephemera from junk mail

Here is a tutorial on using alcohol with watercolors. It is a lot of fun using both alcohol and salt.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin